Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Quick hits

I haven't posted recently, so here's a recap of some of the stuff I'm watching/reading/listening to:

Just finished watching Stealth. Pretty impressive visuals brilliantly offset by some of the worst acting ever committed to film. When the AI-powered plane puts forth the most emotion, you KNOW you're watching something special. One plus, though, is the preview for Rent. I will never sit through the movie, but it introduced me to the tune "Seasons of Love", which I immediately downloaded from iTunes.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. 24 is THE greatest show on TV. There was some web chatter expressing disappointment with the slow moving nerve gas plot, but I am enjoying this season MUCH more than season 4. I still have to watch this week's episode, but I was saddened by Edgar's passing last week. Big props to the show producers for giving Edgar the "silent clock" sendoff (no beep beep as the seconds count off). To my memory, only Ryan Chappelle and George Mason had been given such treatment before this.

Season 6 of the Sopranos is off to a great start with an awesome "Holy Crap" moment at the end. If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it for you.

Almost finished reading Good To Great. This should be required reading for anyone in a management post in any kind of business/organization.

Just got a pile of stuff from the library to watch, including March of the Penguins, The Island, Las Vegas: Season 2, The Shield:Season 3, Dog Day Afternoon and Sky High. That adds up to 44 hours of viewing (excluding any extras). Looks like I have a busy week ahead of me.

Finally, I am announcing a new addition to the Christmas movie must-have collection: The Polar Express is a great film. Loads of fun and a great take on the Santa Claus myth.

OK. There's enough for now.

Made a great find on the web.
|